Thursday, December 4, 2008

Joy To The World The Savior Reigns!

Hi, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving in November. This week in the School of Biblical Studies we are studying the Gospel according to John. Today we had the privilege of going to a local vineyard to get a better knowledge of what Jesus was talking about in John 15 Jesus is the vine and I am a branch, abiding in Him. I am also getting to see first hand how God is providing with a cafeteria project going on here on the Youth With A Mission base here in Ozark, Arkansas. During my two-hour work duty I get to be a part of the work on the cafeteria.

We all should be extra thankful during the month of December. We get to look back at what God has done for us this year and through us. We get to look back and see what we have accomplished and see all the good times we had during the year. We get to be thankful for being alive and all the blessings we have received. Especially we get to be thankful for salvation that was given to us through the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ 2000+ years ago. I hope that during this Christmas season you will reflect on what blessings you have and the wonderful gift of salvation that was given us. And as we get closer to the end of the year I hope you get to look forward to a great year of service to the Lord. May you to see great things happen in the next year. I hope that you have a great Christmas and holiday season. Remember the real reason for Christmas, the birth of our Savior.

Merry Christmas!

Jerod Cannon

1 comment:

Jelcy said...

Hi Jerod, Hearing you talk about the Vineyard reminded me of our trip last year. Thanks for not letting me forget that the branches collected along the row of grapes would be burned. That was a powerful reality to see those braches.
Are you in the 2nd quarter now? Still hangin in there? Will you be coming home for Christmas? Keep up the good work, for your labor is not in vain!!!!Love Jelcy